Okay, This is my first instructable.
Today, i will show you how to do a wooden ipod (Touch but can be other) dock.
So let's go!
P.S All Comment Are Welcome!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials
Okay, This is what your need to do this dock:
1. Box (i use a VERY soft wooden one).
2. Speaker (i use USB one and i have keep only one speaker.
3. iPod Computer cable.
4. iPod Dock Adapter.
5. X-Acto Knife
6. Hot Glue Gun and Glue
8. Time and Patience.
Step 2: Modifying the Dock Adapter.
Okay, you have all the material? So Let's start by modifying the dock adapter.
1. remove the little plastic clip ( easy with small plier)
2. cut a hole for the 3.5 MM jack with an X-Acto kinfe.
Let's go to the next step; cutting the box.
Step 3: Cutting the Box
Okay, so now, cut the box! I use a VERY soft wood so i can cut it with an X-Acto Knife.
1. Take your X-Acto and put the dock adapter on the box then just do a line in the wood,do not cut it now.
2. If you are satified of your drawing , cut the box.
3. Do an big hole for the volume control and Headphone jack.
4. Do An hole for the wires.
Step 4: Finish
Finish your dock by glue everything in the box.
Step 5: Hope You Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy my very first instructable. Post your own creation.
I will try to upgrade it. Any suggestions or comments are welcome.
Step 6: Pimp My Dock
Okay, post a your suggestion for Pimping This Dock.
Did someone know how to do sound reactive L.E.D? I see somewhere it need a audio amplifier (LM386 AUDIO AMPLIFIER).