Introduction: Wool Puppy Toys
We have nine(!) new puppies. They are so cute and playful. At this time they are almost four weeks old.
It is too cold for them to play outside so I wanted to make them toys they could chew on instead of my fingers. As you can see from the video, they also love to chew on each other as they play!
I used nice wool felt, from Italy. Only the good stuff for the babies! It was leftovers from when my daughter made a bunch of wool felt animals.
And a paper cutter. Super easy for cutting into strips.
And as large safety pin, for securing the strips to a couch while I braided them.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Cut Wool Felt Into Strips
1. I used 6 pieces of wool felt in various colors. The pieces are each 8 x 11 inches.
2. Using a paper cutter, I cut each piece of felt lengthwise, getting about 9 strips each.
Step 2: Knot and Pin
1. Holding 3 strips of felt together, create a loop and feed one end through to create a knot. Slide toward end, pulling tightly .
2. Using a large safety pin, secure to a sturdy part of a chair/couch. Start braiding.
Step 3: Tie Off Braid
1. Braid strips to very end.
2. Pinching end with thumb and finger, create another loop to make a knot at the end.
3. Remove safety pin and slide new knot towards end. It should be very tight and secure.
Step 4: Gift to Puppies!
They should enjoy these for the teething months ahead - very sturdy!
And very easy to make.
Participated in the
Warm and Fuzzy Challenge