Intro: Work It: How to Wear Sailor Pants to the Office
http://www.styleunited.com/TipsAndTrends/article/Work-It-How-to-Wear-Sailor-Pants-to-the-Office Sailor pants are a classic, but to wear them for the office, you need some careful styling to look sleek and professional. Here are some tips to do just that.
1. Pick pants with a flattering fit: Mid- or high-rise will make your legs look longer.
2. Choose the fabric: Make it heavy enough to conceal panty lines.
3. Select a blouse: Tuck it in to keep the long leg lines.
4. Cover your arms: Go for a cropped jacket or cardigan since you are going long and wide on the bottom.
5. Pick an accessory: A brooch is unusual and elegant.
6. Add some heels: Your hem should just graze the floor.
Tip: Take the shoes you plan to wear with your pants to the tailor so the hem is just right.