Learn to make a world war 2 toy plane from a straw and 2 plastic knives.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Material
To make this world war 2 styled plane from a plastic straw and plastic knives you will need.
1 disposable plastic straw.
2 disposable plastic knives.
1 tube crazy glue
1 roll clear tape
1 used eclipse gum capsules.
a snack wrapper.
1 used credit card or a plastic strip from anything with a thin firm flat plastic surface.
1 pen tip cover
Step 2: Fuselage
fold the straw in half.
Step 3: Wrap Fuselage
1. Place straw in snack wrapper. 2. Apply glue to surfaces.
3. Roll tight until entire straw is covered.
4. Cut off extra wrapper material.
5. Refold newly wrapped straw.
Step 4: Wings
1. Cut plastic knives in half.
2. Use the blades As wings.
3. Decide how much wing you want to expose and cut off any excess.
4. Use a plastic strip from any thin piece of flaw sturdy plastic. I used a cancelled credit card.
5. Fuse the wings together by gluing the plastic strip between them.
6. Place wing in between folded fuselage.
Step 5: Tail
1. Cut 3 mini wings for the tail.
2. Cut a slit in the fold of the straw from back to front about 1 cm.
3. Apply glue to pieces and insert a Wing into the slit and two on either side of the fold in the straw.
4. Glue the wing in place.
Step 6: Cockpit
1. Cut out a capsule from the Eclipse gum.
2. Cut off any excess to make it seat snug on the straw.
3. Glue edges onto the straw.
Step 7: Nose
Glue the nose of a pen to the nose of the straw.