Introduction: World's Easiest Pancakes
Feeling hungry? Make some of these, they're incredibly quick and easy to make and taste great.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Obtain Tools and Materials
You will need:
-1 cup plain flour
-1 cup milk
-hand or electric beaters
-butter knife or spatula
Step 2: Combine Ingredients
- Mix the egg into the flour using the wooden spoon. The more thorough you are here the less lumps your pancakes will have.
- Add milk gradually and stir in. Make sure all lumps are gone before adding most of the milk.
- Switch to the beaters and add the rest of the milk. Beat thoroughly.
The batter is now complete. Easy wasn't it?
Step 3: Prepare the Pan
- Rub some butter into the pan and increase the heat until the butter begins to burn. Now wipe out the residue completely using a wad of kitchen paper. Be careful not to burn yourself.
- Now reduce the heat slightly and add more butter.
Step 4: Let the Frying Begin
- Using the ladle, tranfer exactly the right amount of batter to the pan.
- Tilt the pan around to spread the batter out thinly.
Step 5: Keep on Cooking
- When the batter has completely changed colour, it is about ready to flip. Here you have a choice of techniques.
1. Shake the pan vigorously to loosen the pancake to the point where it slides around, then with great finesse and skill toss the pancake and flip it.
2. Use a knife or spatula or similar device to lift the edge of the pancake and flip it the boring way.
Step 6: Serving
- Slide the pancake out onto a plate.
- Sprinkle on some sugar and squeeze some lemon juice.
- Roll it up.
- Do something more fancy if you so desire.
Step 7: The End
- Make some more.
This recipe is very simple and could be modified to produce a variety of dishes. Since there is no sugar in the batter you could try something savoury. Experiment, then if you come up with something delicious post it on Instructables.