Hi all my name is don father of 2 my facebook is facebook.com/crunchumscosplay/ i first selected the costume i wanted to do which was tier 2 warrior armor wrath from world of warcraft.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Helmet
First i started with the iconic helmet, . When making a helmet you want to cover the persons head whom you are making the costume for in aluminium foil , then covering the aluminium foil in duct tape. to have a correct sizing of the head. , then mark with a marker a center line and cut down the middle, and diving it until i had about 6 pieces all symetrical . I then transferd the duct tape/foil pattern to EVA foam ( pinning it to the foam) and then cutting it out with a sharp utility blade. . once all pieces were cut out i then began heat sealing the foam and glueing it together 2 pieces at a time with contact cement. , Once the whole helmet was glued together i began designing the jaw and blade of the helmet using large paper and folding it in half.. drawing half the design to make sure it was symetrical. then same process pinning cutting , heat sealing with a heat gun - etc. once this was all glued together i plasti dipped the foam then began the painting process. Onnce i had finished this i added in the visor and trim work last.
The visor was a piece of custom neon green plexi glass , i used a paper pattern to make sure i had the right size to cut out. and then i heat formed with a heat gun
Step 2: Boots and Bracers
The boots were very simple i first bought a pair of rain boots. . then i spraypainted then blue and sealed then with mod podge. then i made a small toe covering for the boots ( first with a paper pattern) and then on craft foam. .. once again sealing it with a heal gun then plasti dipping it and painting it gold. the rest of the boots were done with EVA foam i made a boot covering i could slide down over the top . and the top of the boots was done with pipe warming foam you wrap your pipes with. the skulls were bought from a store. and i did eva foam trim to fancy them up.
the bracers were done very basic just using eva foam to make a basic bracer then adding faux fur around the edges to give it a bit of fancy look.
Step 3: LED Lights and Sword
the sword was made with EVA foam i first drew my design on large paper.. and once i was satisfied i transfered it to EVA foam . i had to cut it out once then reverse the pattern for the other piece of EVA foam being a sword i wanted to double the eva foam up and use the sandwich method. i also added a metal pole in the middle for stability this was able to be done with dremleling out the middle to make room for the pole. ( clamps are very helpful in holding the foam together.) but be sure to use scrap foam because the clamps will leave marks and ruin your foam.
the lights in the skull eyes were done with 2 basic LED lights i purchased from EBAY. they come with wires already attached i ran them to a 9volt battery connectorer already wired then soddered the wires and wraped them with electrical tape for good measure.
The lights in the sword were LED strip lights which i had to glue down under the craft foam cover ( which is where the runes are cut out of with a xacto blade). and the batterys are hidden in the sword hilt
Step 4: SHIELD
the shield was a fun project i got to use alot of left over EVA foam edges ( the puzzle piece edges) for the trim. ,
the base of the shield was made out of blue board. 1 main piece and 1 separate half piece, overlapped for effect.
i used superglue to glue these together. craft foam for the runes on the shield and scrap EVA foam the make the spikes ( i used dial rods ) to give the spikes stability, and for the rivets i used wiggle eyes. On the back i have a drawer handle i used screws and washers to hold this on. also i had to use acrylic paint on this because spray paint eats the blueboard away. and i used mod podge to seal it .
Step 5: Breastplate and Tabard
Starting with the easiest the tabard was simply made with vinyl cutting out the design and sewing a gold metalic trim material around it to give it a border.
the breastplate was designed to be put on over the head.. and has velcro on the sides to connect it. i just started with large paper for the pattern and once i was satisfied with my design transfered it to foam as in previous steps.
the stencil i had printed on sticker printer paper and cut out with an xacto blade.... stuck it to my armor and spray painted the design.
Step 6: Conclusion-
all and all i very happy with how this costume turned out for being all free hand designed only using reference pictures. I debuted this costume at replay FX convention in Pittsburgh and won excellence in crafting for best armor /props any questions feel free to message me on facebook . or here and i will try to help you with any problems that may arise . facebook.com/crunchumscosplay/