What happens when there are no more flowers in the flower bouquet, and you already used all the flowers in your garden? Tada! Yarn Flowers! These cool flowers are great for Mother's Day gifts, or any other occasion where you need flowers. Not only are there many different styles of these flowers, but you can make a perfectly uniform bouquet of flowers for someone you love. Let's Get Started!
Step 1: Materials
- Fork (4 pronged)
- Pipe Cleaner (Preferably green)
- Yarn (Green and Yellow)
Step 2: Wrapping Yellow
All of these instructions have photos linked to them as well.^^^
- Take your fork and place the green pipe cleaner over the left prong.
- Wrap the yellow yarn around the pipe cleaner and fork four times, making sure that you start from the right and move to the left.
- Continue wrapping about 30times, making sure both ends of the pipe cleaner are completely loose and no yarn is covering them.
Step 3: Wrapping Green
- Next, pull the shorter end of the pipe cleaner to the center of the yellow yarn bundle and wrap the pipe cleaner around itself.
- Take your green yarn and tie a secure knot around the yellow section, one fork prong in. The GIF above will help with that...
- After you have securely tied you know, remove the whole thing from the fork.
- Begin wrapping the green yarn around the pipe cleaner and 1/4 of the yellow yarn for as many times are necessary.
- When finished, tie the loose end around the pipe cleaner.
Step 4: Cutting and Trimming
- Now, use your scissors to cut the yellow loops. They should turn into small strips like dandelion petals.
- Use your fork to "comb" the yarn for any extra loops, and if there are any, cut them in half.
- Finally, trim the yarn into any shape you'd like. For me, I just trimmed the yarn into a circle, but you can trim the yarn into any shape.
Step 5: Done!
You're Done! After this, you can make multiple flowers to put into a bouquet, just like I did above. If the pipe cleaners don't hold up, you can use more pipe cleaners to reinforce the stems. Then present with a flourish to whoever you'd like! Thank you for getting this far!