Intro: Yet Another Simple Portable (disposable) Barbecue Pit.
We buy in bulk and I hate to throw things away. I needed a barbecue pit but did not wa spend a fortune. You can make a couple of these an be as good as the low end pits int he store. Careful there will be some sharp edges that need to be taken care of.
Caveat: Use a container that does not use lead or tin.
Step 1: What's Needed:
1 111 oz can (2 cans if you want a top cover.)
2 coat hangers
1 metal grill cover grill
1 paper clip
Drill for coat hanger holes,
Step 2: How To:
1. Get can with emptied contents:
2. Take old fashion can opener and punch triangular holes in bottom and to of can for air circulation.
3. Punch six hole at top of can for criss-cross support and handle.
4. Prepare criss-cross supports and handle.
5. Install criss-cross supports and handle.
6. Measure and cut grill cover to size of can.
7. Install cover in can.
8. Secure with the paper clip. (can be easily removed for adding charcoal or whatever.
9. Use paperclip to connect grill to criss-cross supports.
Top (not shown) can be easily made by cutting grooves on open end and bending back the tabs.
Step 3: Done!
Go out and barbecue!