Always wanted something nifty around the pc for drinks.
(Caveat do this at your own risk. I will not be responsible for any issues).
Camera died. have to get a new camera to finish.
Step 1: What's Needed:
1 - cabinet. I am using a barbie doll locker that will undergo massive makeover,
1 - usb drink cooler/warmer internals extracted for a cup warmer cooler.
1 - set parts to secure fan to locker.
1 - can Spray paint (black or choose your own color).
1 - magnetic switch door light.
1 - small piece of plastic for mounting switch.
4 - screws, nuts, and washers to secure fan to unit.
Foam for insulation
Blade from exacto knife for removing stickers and cutting insulation.
Breather guard to cover mouth and nose for while you are painting. Respirator.
(not all items are shown in picture)
Step 2: Get Cooler/warmer
Liberate the inner contents of the cup warmer/cooler.
(i.e. unscrew the case and take the inner parts out intact.)
Step 3: Prep the Locker for the Parts.
1. Measure the inside of the locker for the sizes of insulation you will need. Document the sizes.
2. Measure for the fan air holes an and for the screw holes. Drill the holes for the air vents and screw holes for the fan. (This will vary from fan to fan) Test fit fan. Make adjustments. Remove fan.
3. Drill hole for Usb cable in back of cabinet near the bottom..
Step 4: Do the Outside of the Locker.
1. Remove any stickers from the metal cabinet with the exacto type knife blade. (I have already done that for an earlier photo.)
2. Sand the drill holes if you need to.
3. Put out newspapers or equivalent in a well ventilated area (preferably outside).
Set the locker s it can easily be spray painted.
Spray paint the locker in even strokes till the whole outside is covered. (The inside does not need painting because we are adding insulation later.
3. Let paint completely dry.
Note: It might take two coats of paint to cover completely.
Step 5: Prep the Inside of the Cabinet.
1. Cut insulation for inside of cabinet from measurements taken earlier.
2. On the bottom piece of insulation, cut \out a breathing hole for the fan.
3. Cut out sections for the switch and light as needed on the other pieces.
4. Glue in insulation.
5. Let glue dry..
Step 6: Getting It All Together.
1. Mark one side of usb cable. mark on same saide of board to make it wasy to remember how to return wires to board,
2. Remove lower internal shelf.
drill holes to secure peltier to it.
3. secure fan to bottom of cabinet. (it may matter which way the fan is blowing, so just turn the fan over if you need to).
4. Secure peltier plate to bottom shelf.
5. Put peltier and shelf back in locker and glue edges of shelf only to the locker.
6. Insert usb cable through hole in back of cabinet and then re-solder to the board it came from remembering how it was attached.
7. Mount switch on plastic and then mount plastic side to the inside of the cabinet.
8. Let glue dry.
9. Mount magnetic switch light.
Step 7: Test
1. With switch in off position, insert usb cable in to computer.
2. Turn switch to cool.
3. The lower shelf should start to cool.
4. Turn switch to warm. to warm.
5. The lower shelf should start to warm.
6. Turn off switch.
Step 8: Yeah!
1. Get a drink and put it inside the cabinet.
plug in usb cable.
2. Turn switch to cool or warm as needed.
3. Let unit do it's thing.
4. Enjoy drink.
5. Be sure to turn off switch when not in use,