1) All Purpose flour- 1 1/2 cups
2) Baking powder - 1 1/2 teaspoons
3) Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
4) Butter at room temperature - 1/2 cup
5) Sugar - 1/2 cup
6) Egg yolk, slightly beaten - 1
7) Milk - 3 tablespoons
8) Vanilla extract - 1/2 teaspoon
1. In a mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In another bowl cream the butter with a hand mixer for 2-3 minutes. Add sugar to it gradually and beating each time.
3. Add egg yolk to it and mix well.
4. Add the dry ingredients alternately with milk to the butter bowl and mix it.
5. Add vanilla and mix it.
6. In a cling wrap or plastic sheet chill the dough in fridge for 1 hour.
7. Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
8. Roll out the dough on to a lightly floured surface to a thickness of about 1/4".
9. Cut with cookie cutters(I have used a star cookie cutter).
10. Sprinkle some colored sugar on the cookies before keeping it in oven.
11. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 8 to 10 minutes. Check if the sides are brown its done.
12. Let the cookies cool down for 15 minutes and then serve.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Have nice day with your children and family by eating and enjoying this cookie.
Participated in the