Introduction: Yummy Yellow Chickpea Curry
In this instructable I will show you how you can make a yummy yellow chickpea curry. This curry contains no meat, no dairy, no poultry and no fish, only plant based ingredients. I use chickpeas for this curry, to give it a nice flavour and bite. You can eat this curry with some rice or some homemade vegan flatbread (shown in my previous instructable).
To make it easy I use yellow vegetable curry paste that you can buy at a toko. This paste is not to spicy. Beside this paste you only need a number of fresh vegetables like:chickpeas, boiled sweet potatoes, snow peas, yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion, garlic and spring onion. Add some coconut milk and you have all of your ingredients for this recipe.
Just sauté the vegetables in your favorite skillet starting with the bell peppers, onion and garlic. Then add the sweet potatoes. Now it is time of the yellow curry paste and some water. Then add the chickpeas and the snow peas and finally the coconut milk. Let it simmer for about ten of minutes and you are ready to go. I served the curry with soft vegan flatbread which I warmed in the oven.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Watch the One Minute Video
Want to see how to make the yellow chickpea curry? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video.
Step 2: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- 1 cup of boiled sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of snow peas
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- ½ white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup of yellow curry paste
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 spring onions finely diced
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil like sunflower oil
- 2 soft vegan flatbreads, store-bought or homemade (see instructable)
Step 3: Instructions
- Clean vegetables and boil the sweet potato for about 8 minutes.
- Heat your skillet and add vegetable oil.
- Pre heat your oven at 300 ℉ and wrap the flatbread in aluminium foil for 10 minutes.
- Sauté all the vegetables bell pepper, onion, garlic, sweet potato.
- Add the yellow curry paste and add some water.
- Now add the snow peas and the chickpeas.
- Add the coconut milk and add some water.
- Let is simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with the flatbread or rice.
Step 4: Notes
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortill Channel.