Introduction: Yummy Zucchini Bread
I have an over-abundance of zucchini in my garden this year. And I only planted 3! But I've been scouring the internet to try and find something to put them to good use. This a zucchini bread recipe that I found and it tastes fantastic! I hope you like it!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Your Ingredients...
These ingredients and recipe make two nice size loaves.
3 Cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 eggs, beaten
1-1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 to 4 cups grated zucchini
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup chopped walnuts
Side note - I think a cup of chocolate chips would go great with this...
Step 2: Step One
1. Shred your zucchini. Place into a colander to drain excess moisture.
2. Preheat your oven to 350F.
3. Wisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger together.
Step 3: Step Two
1. Wisk together the sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt.
2. Stir in the zucchini.
3. Add the melted butter.
Step 4: Step Three: Mixing
Note: I used a mixer. You don't have to. It is possible to do this with a wisk.
1. Place the egg/sugar/butter mix into the mixer.
2. Add the flour mixture a small amount of the time, until fully mixed.
3. Stop the mixing. Pour in walnuts and fold in using a spatula.
Step 5: Divide and Bake!
1. Divide the batter between two bake pans.
2. Bake for 50 minutes at 350F.
3. Cool in pans for about 10 minutes and Enjoy!
I store mine in bags on the counter top. It helps keep the moisture in.