Makes: About 2 dozen (Varies due to size proportions)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter, room temperatire
- 1/2 cup Crisco Shortening
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
Step 1: Let's Begin...
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt into a bowl. Beat 1 stick butter and the sugars until pale and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. (I sometime skip this step and add all these ingredients at the same time... the result is absolutely the same)
Step 2: All the Good Stuff...
2. Mix in zucchini, oats, and walnuts. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
Step 3: Baking
3. Depending on the size you want your cookies, Drop spoonfuls of dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. Bake until edges are golden, about 17 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
Step 4: Sweet Stuff
4. Beat together remaining 1 1/2 stick butter, crisco, vanilla, milk and confectioners' sugar until smooth. (Buy cream cheese frosting in the tub for an easy alternative) Spread 1 heaping tablespoon filling onto the flat side of 1 cookie, and sandwich with another cookie. Repeat with remaining filling and cookies.
Step 5: Final Result!
Scrumptious Veggie Cookies!!!!
Participated in the