Introduction: Zentangle Chibitronics Box
- copper tape
- Chibitronics (6)
- 3v coin battery
Step 1: The Box
1. Print out the pattern on cardstock.
2. Begin zentangling with a pen marker! The long insert may be left unadorned.
3. Cut out the box and glue together according to the corresponding fold lines (dashed) and cut lines (solid).
Note: for more information on Zentangle go to: https://www.zentangle.com/
Step 2: Sturdy Bottom
1. Measure the bottom square of the box and cut a piece of cardstock that will fit snugly into it.
2. Attach a piece of ribbon to the square with tape. The ribbon will make it easier to pull the square out of the box.
Step 3: Build the Circuit
1. The positive copper line starts on the bottom and backside of the insert, angle over to the frontside (you don't have to go to the top like pictured). Lay the (positive) copper line down the entire length of the frontside.
2. The negative side runs across the square piece to the frontside of the insert and a straight line across. Be sure to run your copper lines very near each other, but not touching.
3. Attach the chibitronics paying close attention to the negative and positive ends of the LEDs.
4. Tape a coin battery to the square piece, as indicated in the picture, being sure to leave contact points on the battery with the copper tape.
Step 4: Finishing Up
1. Poke pinholes in the box, following your designs. Be sure to poke the holes through both thicknesses of the box.
2. Place the insert firmly in the bottom box piece, with the ribbon poking out.
3. When the box top is pressed downward, the battery makes contact with the positive line and lights up the LED and the box.
video: coming soon!