Kabsa is a famous Middle Eastern dish which is particularly eaten in the gulf region, such as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, United Arabs of Emirates, and Bahrain. It is primarily made of chicken and rice with a delicious side of tahini sauce.
In this intractable page, I will try my best to guide you through the process of cooking this delicious meal.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Three potatoes
- One onion
- Three tomatoes
- Three chilies
- Two pounds of basmati rice (NOTE: other types of rice not recommended)
- One whole chicken
- One tomato paste
- One tahini
- One lemon
Step 2: Spices
- One tablespoon of salt
- Three pay leaves
- Three cloves
- Three teaspoons of cumin
- One tablespoon of chili powder
- Two teaspoon of grounded Coriander
- One-tablespoon ground ginger
- Five teaspoon of cayenne paper.
- Two teaspoons of black paper
- Two Magie cubes for better taste.
Step 3: Preparations
- Wash all the ingredients with water and salt to take out the dust. Clean the chicken by adding rough sea salt while scratching it to eliminate the grass.
- Cut the potatoes into cubes of medium sizes. Cut the onions in very small sizes to save you time when cooking.
- Cut the three tomatoes in relatively large cubes. Cut two of the green chilies into very small pieces and leave the third for the representation.
- Place the two-pound rice in a big bowl and wash it with cold water by shuffling the rice. Leave the rice aside to absorb the water.
- Cut the chicken in quarters and take out the skin. Add species to the chicken for flavor.
Step 4: Cooking Instructions-part 1
- Turn up heat to medium temperature, add have cup of vegetable oil in a deep large pot. Stir oil till it worms up
- Add onions cubes into pot and stir fry till they become golden. Add chicken flavored bouillon.
- Place chicken slices into pot and stir frequently until they are half-cooked and place them on a plate to cool down on the side.
Step 5: Cooking Instructions-part 2
- Put potatoes cubes into the pot and add boiling water until potatoes cubes are completely submerged.
- Close the pot with lid and let boil until potatoes are cooked for half an hour
Step 6: Cooking Instructions-part 3
- Put chicken back into the pot after potatoes are cooked; add tomatoes slices, tomato paste into the pot to be cooked with potatoes.
- Add bay leaf (3) into pot.
- Add 2 chilies strips into pot
Step 7: Cooking Instructions-part 4
- Add seasoning (coriander, chills, grounded ginger, 4 cloves)
- Pour grain into pot.
- Add water until rice is submerged at a depth approximately 1 inch.
Step 8: Tahini Sauce
- Add 5 tablespoons of tahini into bowl.
- Squeeze 3 lemons into the same bowl.
- Add sea salt and black peppers and some paprika (1 teaspoon each) into the bowl.
- Add hot boiling water gradually into the bowl while stirring till it become smooth.
- Place tahini into freezer while preparing kabsa for best taste and result.
- Serve cold tahini sauce as a side with the kabsa.
Step 9: Representation
-Transfer rice to plate with chicken on top.
Serve with tahini sauce.