in these intractables you can find out how to make a chocolate cookie decorating machine.
We had a school assignment where we needed to build a 2nd grade’s pupil’s dream. We will explain you how we created the machine in these following steps:
before we start I would like to mention that you will be needing a lot of different tools and random materials.
STEP 1: MATERIALS & TOOLS
·4x Hex Nut M8
Hex Nut M5
2 Hex Nut M10
16 Hex Nut M6
12 Hex Head Screw M8x20
4 Hex Head Screw M5
2 Hex Head Screw M5x20
16 Hex Head Screw M10x20
16 Hex Head Screw M6
12 Plain Washer 6 12
· Aluminium plates
· Lots of bolts(M10) and screws(m10) ·
.3m of aluminium L profiles
Lots of Plexiglas
· Led strip (5m)
· Electric saw
· Drill & bits
· Basic tools like screwdrivers, hammer, etc
· Instant glue
· Fine rope
· Pvc tube (10cm. diam.)
· Bike pump
· Woodworking tools
metalworking tools ( plybench, etc)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Building the Aluminium Frame
1.cut the L profiles as seen on the plans
2. assemble them and drill holes at the ends
3. bolt together
4. cut the aluminium plate to make the bottom of the machine.
5. make a hole centred in the bottom plate. use the correct diameter
6. to make the bottom, cut it out as seen on the plans, then weld it together
7. cut out the top and bolt together.
Step 2: Making the Grid and Pedestal
8. cut out the grid so it fits the bottom flawlessly.
9. measure the centre of the grid and make a circular hole, using the same diameter again.
10. cut out the baseplate as seen on the plans
11. use the correct diameter so the pole fits without moving
12. take the metal pole and reduce length if needed
13. fix the pole on the pedestal.
Step 3: Adding Windows & Cookietray
14. cut out all the windows as seen on the plans
15. attach windows to the frame
16. cut out a Plexiglas arm and fix it on the top of the pole.
Step 4: Making the Dispensers
25. attach the lever holders in place
26. attach the hooks
28. attach the the small rope between the 2 hooks
29. hang the bottle and glue the mechanism to it
30. attach the rope to the mechanism
31.cut out and glue together the plexi for the m&m dispenser and glue it together.
32. make sure the middle one can slide and attach a rubber band at it
33. attach it in place on the plexi wall
cut out & glue together the labyrinth
attach 2 strings to each side of the labyrinth. stick them trough the holes and make a knot
make sure the labyrinth is leveled.
34. attach the plastic bottle in place, use instantglue to attach the plastic tube to it
35. glue the end of pump to the plastic tube. make sure it is airtight
36. attach the pump to side of the panel
Step 5: Making the Cookiedispensor
37. follow the plans to cut out the pvc pipe
38. attach the pipe to the plexi with bolts
39. now you can decorate it with the leds either way you want it.