this is my first instructable, say what you like in comments.
So this may seem like a very weird post, but very cool.
Im going to show you and tell you how to circuit bend, and how to cut a pcb into peaces, and then put it all in a awesome altoid tin
I hope you like it!
Step 1: Parts/ Tools
I am not responsible for any of your actions, ingress, or damaged parts/ tools/ your self.
you are using instructables at your own risk...... blaa blaa blaa blaaaaa...
Any ways you are going to need the following tools:
1. drill/dermal (not shown)
2. wire clippers/ stripers
3. needle nose pliers
4. soldering iron
7. screw driver
9. pen/ pencil
10. a know-how of working each tool (not shown)
11. common sense (not shown)
12. a know-how of electronics (not shown)
And you are going to need the following parts:
1. hook-up wire (I used telephone wire, and stranded wire)
2. heat sink
3. switches/ push buttons... etc..
4. different resistor values/ pot
5. different caps values
6. diodes/ rectifiers
7. "mono-jack" (what ever size you want)
8. different kinds of resistive sensors
10. different kinds of capsitiv sensors
11. red led
12. tap and glue
13. electronic toy/ nose make ( this is the bass of the project) you may have to go through many toys to find a good one with lots of bends and gulches, and easy enough to cut and fit/ fit into an tin/ box of what ever u want. Im using a altoid tin!
14. Altoid tin/ box you want to use
15. body contacts anything mettle really will work like a fork or a skew
- note parts 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 13, and 14 you can change them, they are for circuit bending
Step 2: How- to and What Is Circuit Bending?
You may be asking 'what the hell is circuit bending?"
well circuit bending is when you go in to any thing that makes nose(mainly toys) and you find loops and bends on the PCBs board. the most simple way is to rube your fingers on the mettle contacts and change the pitch or what ever else happens, the you put a wire on the contact and have it on the out side of your toy, so every time u touch the point (when the toy is on) it makes a glitch or a bend. now you can find some where where you can put a button or switch, or change the resistor/ capacitor values there is many ways of doing this. You could even put timers, or revveb effects ... etc on your toy. On this guitar that i did ( down below) i have also added a red led in the speaker holes, it flashes to the bet of the music! for more info on circuit bending try looking at other instructables, looking on google, makezine, etc.( other geeky websites) Even look on you tube, threes some great videos!
here are some sites i recommend:
http://www.casperelectronics.com/ that one is my fav!!
(to lazy to put more)
Step 3: How to Cut the Pcb
If your pcb dose not fight into you box/tin then your going to have to mark and cut a spot on you board, but befor you do take the exsactowblad and screech off you paint on the pcb where the wires are ( like the picture)
and then cut the board in half. next take your telephone wire(one-strand wire) and cut about 15 cm of wire, and count how many wire on the pcb you have to re-peace then tin the wire and pcb the connect them like in the next picture had to do this about three times in-till my pcb fight in my altoid tin.
Step 4: Putting It in the Tin
last but not lest, putting it all together.
monte all you contacts, switch ...etc then coat the inside of the tin with tape or glue to keep any thing from shorting. next stuff it all in the tin and your done! you now have a small, cut-looking, circuit bent Altoid tin! you can bring it all most any where.