Introduction: Double Chocolate Almond Cookies
Delicious chocolate cookies with dark chocolate chips - not ideal for after Christmas diets but everything in moderation...as they say! They are really quick and easy to make and also make a great food gift.
100g ground almonds
100g softened butter
80g plain flour
20g cocoa powder
50g chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla essence
20g icing sugar to dust
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 15 minutes
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Preheat the Oven and Prepare Your Baking Sheets
- preheat the oven to 180C and grease and line your baking sheets
Step 2: Cream the Butter and Sugar
- add the butter and sugar to a bowl and beat with an electric mixer or wooden spoon until well incorporated
Step 3: Add the Other Ingredients
- add in the flour, ground almonds, cocoa, vanilla essence and chocolate chips and mix well until a dough forms
Step 4: Roll Into Balls
- roll into walnut sized balls and place on the lined baking sheet with some space between each one.
Step 5: Bake
- place trays in the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes
- take out of oven and leave to cool on a rack before dusting with icing sugar
- Enjoy yourself or give away as a lovely homemade gift :)
You can check out my other recipes on: http://chipbuttiesandnoodlesoup.blogspot.co.uk/