this is my 1st instructable,so please tell me if it is good.
so im going to show how to make a very simple robot:the beetle robot!
it uses no chip,no programation,only the simple 3th connection
Step 1: Get All the Materials Needed!
ok so get all these.i got them mostly from broken toys,i'm sure you can find them at radioshack.
- a AA battery holder -> holding the batteries
- some solder wire -> soldering
- some wires -> connecting motor to switch,to batteries
- 2 AA batteries -> powering the motor
- 2 1.5V motors (preferably identical) -> making the robot move
- a slide switch -> ON,OFF
- 2 SPDT (Single Pole Double Throw) switches -> used for antenna
- 1-2 paperclips -> glue on the antennae so it is longer
- some glue sticks -> use with the hot glue gun
Step 2: Get All the Tools Needed!
i borrowed all the tools from my father,once again,they should be available at radioshack
- wire cutter and stripper ->cut wires and strip them
- pliers ->shape the antennas
- hot glue gun -> glue the switch and the SPDT switches on the battery holder
- a soldering iron -> solder and connect wires together
- a multimeter -> check the battery
Step 3: So,let's Get Started!
check the battery's power - =D
if its' on <<good>> use it
if it's on <<bad>> change it (in my case,regharge it)
Step 4: Some Wires
solder the wires to the AA battery holder - i made the wires extra long on the blue battery holder so i don't mess it up,=)
don't forget the 3th connection!!!
it's the wire that connects the 2 batteries together
i changed the battery holder
Step 5: The Antennae,part 1
glue it with the hot glue gun in front of the holder try to do it as perfect as possible
<-i'm a perfectionist->
try to do as in the picture
Step 6: The Antennae,part 2
with the pliers,bent the paperclip into a straight line.
do your best, =\
Step 7: The Antennae,part 3
cut the antenna with something pointy =)
I used the wire cutter/stripper
you will now have 2 small lines...
Step 8: The Antennae,part 4
with the pliers,bend each line like in the photo
try to make them identical by putting one on top of the other or bending them together
Step 9: The Antennae,part 5
the last part!
glue the 2 metal things on the top of the SDPT switches
Step 10: The Motors
glue the motors at an angle of 40 degrees.
once again,do your best
Step 11: Some Wheels!
i got these from a kinder toy,i honestly don't know where to buy some.sorry
glue it to the back of the AA battery holder.glue it a little lower so the holder doesn't touch the ground.if it does it will not go straight and will go slower
Step 12: Some More Wires
ok so now connect the wires,do your best and look in the picture
Step 13: Some Decoration!!!
you can use my model,or create your own!
i also added some electrical tape to the motor for better grip
check out my other instructable!
Step 14: The Circuit Diagram
well follow the pic and connect the wires
zoom it so you can see better
Step 15: How Does It Work?
when the robot hits a wall,it triggers the L or R switch which maked the opposite motor reverse for a couple of seconds.this makes it avoid obstacles
the picture may explain alot
Step 16: Questions
any question,comments,ideas on how to make it better?
post them here!
please rate my instructable.