I just upgraded to iOS 7 dev version. Being beta software, it's to be expected that there is one or the other glitch.
After upgrading I had several apps stuck in a perpetual "waiting" state. The apps could not be launched or removed. Rebooting the phone or re-synching with iTunes did not help.
This is how you can fix the issue...
Step 1: Remove App on Device Using ITunes
- Connect the phone to your PC/Mac and start iTunes
- Click on the phone in the Devices list
- Click on the "Apps" tab on top
- Locate the app that are stuck
- Click "Remove" button
- Click "Apply" in lower left corner to remove the apps from the phone
Step 2: Remove "ghost" App on Phone
- Press an hold the icon until all icons start to shake
- Press the "X"
- Confirm deletion
Step 3: Reinstall the Apps Using ITunes
- In the Library / Apps menu, find all the apps that you need to reinstall
- Select all the apps, use shift (at least on the PC) to select them all. Important to do them all in one step
- Drag and drop the apps to your phone in the left menu
- iTunes will now apply the changes automatically
Now all apps should be reinstalled and working. Hope this helps!