Rock out this Halloween in this fun iPod dress!
If your looking for a cute and simple Halloween costume this year look no further. The iPod takes 30 minutes to make and will look adorable at any party. Best of all: cost of materials is under $20!
Customize it to your favorite artist or song. You can even wear this dress with a group of friends. I actually got this idea from some friends in college and thought it was a great idea!!!
Step 1: Materials
- Tube Dress - you can buy one or make your own. Check out these simple instructions on how to make your own tube dress.
- Iron on Sheet transfers - 2 sheets, make sure you get transfers that are compatible w/ stretchy fabric!
- Steam-A-Seam - this stuff is so easy to use and will finish your hems quickly
- White fabric- 8.5" x 11" piece of white fabric if you're dress is not white
Step 2: Print Images
I have made this step super easy for you!! All you need to do is print out these images. You can change the song that is playing by finding the image for the album cover and placing it over the Beatles image.
IMPORTANT - if you replace the image make sure to flip the image. In Photoshop this is: EDIT -> TRANSFORM -> FLIP HORIZONTAL
Step 3: Iron on Transfer
Since printers don't print white the iron on transfers don't transfer the white color from your image. So if you are printing on colored fabric you will want to iron the iPod screen onto white fabric. To do this:
- Cut out the iPod screen on the printed sheet
- Lay the screen on the white stretchy fabric and outline it with a pencil
- Cut out the rectangle you just traced. It should be the same size as the iPod screen
- Attach the white rectangle to the dress using Steam-a-Seam. Make sure its centered and you've left enough room for the iPod wheel.
- Place the iPod screen graphic over the white fabric on the dress and iron it on using the directions from the iron on transfer package.
Place the iPod wheel under the screen. Make sure its centered. Iron the wheel onto the dress using the directions from the iron on transfer package
Participated in the
Halloween Easy Costumes Challenge