Introduction: In/out Cupcake Chess Set
My friends call me "the cupcake maker".
This time for the first time I tried to decorate them.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
For 6 cupcakes:
140g vanilla powdered sugar
400g all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
40g unsweetened cocoa powder
For the frosting:
150g melted butter
225g vanilla powdered sugar
Step 2: Cupcakes
- Melt the butter in the microwave
- Add the powdered sugar sifting, cream together
- Add flour with the baking powder and the salt
- Now knead the dough until it becomes thick
- Split the mix in half
- Add to one part the cocoa powder until it becomes brown
- Wrap the two dough in the film
- Put them into the fridge for 30 minutes
Step 3: Chessboard Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 190 ° C
- Makes with the chocolate dough a cylinder, the diameter must be half (or little more) of the diameter of cupcake mold
Step 4: Chessboard Step 2
- Surround the central cylinder you just made with a torus made with the white dough
- The second layer will be done in the opposite with respect to the first one: the cylinder must be white and its diameter have to be the same of the previous one
- The last layer should be done like the first one
- The different layers must be separated with a little albumen
- Repeat this step for every cupcake
Step 5: Bake It
- Bake the cupcakes for a few minutes (less than five)
- Wait until they are cold
Step 6: The Frosting
Mix the two ingredients (the sugar must be always sifted) until become thick, than model it.
The decorations are made with the chocolate cupcake dough
Participated in the