Intro: Make Cutlery for a Leatherman
In this Instructable I'm going to show how to make cutlery for a leatherman surge.
Step 1: What You Will Need
You will need:
- stainless steel cutlery (I recommend old cutlery because new cutlery is way to expensive)
- sandpaper (dont know what grit but its one fine grit and one rough grit)
- grinding wheel
- work gloves
- safety goggles
- handsaw (for metal)
- waterproof marker
for your own safety
were the work gloves and safety goggles
while working with a grinding wheel
Step 2: Copy and Cut
-First copy the shape from the end of the saw or file.
-than cut it out (cut it out as precise as possible because
it will make work easier later on)
Step 3: Mark and Paste
- get your cultery and mark where you want to cut them.
- than glue your copy on behind your line
Step 4: Cut and Grind
- now cut your cutlery to size
- after the cutting you have to grind off the big pieces
- cool your project ones in a while so you don't burn your fingers
Step 5: More Grinding
For this part you have to use the finer side of the grindingwheel.
Try to follow the outline of your copy exactly.
When you are done with grinding the outline you try to fit it in your leatherman.
Keep grinding small bits off until your cutlery fits in nicely.
Step 6: Sanding and More Sanding
In this step its all about the detail, because were going to sand most of the scratches away.
You can use all sorts of grits. Start with a low grit for the deep scratches and then
work your way up to higher grits to get a nice smooth finish.
high grits it's
advised to make
your project wet.
Step 7: Before Use
wash your cutlery before using it so that you won't get all the dirt from the grinding and sanding in your mouth.