using a cheap servo is the best choice to make small projects, but the bad quality of gear, easily damaged. Do not quickly make a decision to dispose of the damaged servo, you should see this tutorial first. :)
Step 1: What You Need
If you have damaged servo on the gear mechanism, and you still need it, but don't want to spend a lot of money . This is what you need :
- Plastic dc motor gearbox good tors, price only $1.87 http://store.extremeelectronics.co.in/6V-DC-Gear-M...
- super glue
- electro tool
Step 2: Remove the Electronic Modules
- remove the electronic modules (motor driver) from the case broken servo.
- on Potentiometers , cut the handle grip of potentiometer .(look to the picture no.2)
Step 3: Replacement the Potentiometer to Gearbox Shaft
- unplug the plastic adafter shaft on the back side of the gearbox
- make a hole right in the middle of the handle grip of potentiometer is in pieces last. make a hole the same size as the gearbox shafts
- plug the potentiometer to the shaft gearbox, give a little super glue, make sure the glue holding a potentiometer to the gearbox shaft.
- use a plastic plate size 1cm x 5cm (im using a PVC plastic pipe), with a hot fire flame to forming the plastik to a shape like a pic no.6
- plug the plastik to the gearbox, holding the potentiometer on gearbox, use a little super glue. make sure the plastic stick to strong and withstand potentiometer in place.
Step 4: Soldering a Motor Output
- solder the wires to the motor output of motor driver circuit.
- output (+) on circuit to (+) motor input and output (-) circuit to (-)motor input.
- plug the circuit to the gearbox body use tie band or give a little glue gun.
this the tutorial on video :
link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtqTWegwCdM
Step 5: Test and Finish (enjoy the Project :)
- Test your new servo using RX/TX remote control or any microcontroller. if not work look back to a line wiring or check a circuit motor driver.
- Now you have unique servo with good tors and more powerfull.
this example robot using this servo gearbox :
(for more lowcost project video https://www.youtube.com/user/ricdart1/featured coming soon on Instructables)
Participated in the