In this project, it is aimed to make a contribution to this dream. Controlling the machines and environment with speech makes human life easier and more comfortable. This project is a simple implementation of this approach. A robot is controlled by voice commands. Voice command is taken through a microphone, processed in computer and sent to the robot and finally the robot acts accordingly.
When we say voice control, the first term to be considered is Speech Recognition i.e. making the system to understand human voice. Speech recognition is a technology where the system understands the words (not its meaning) given through speech.
This guide will show you all the steps required to build your own voice operated robot vehicle.
The robot consists of 5 sections:
1. Power supply system
2. Analog to digital converter
3. 8051 micro-controller
4. An LCD display
5. Bluetooth module (HC-05)
6. Motor driver section
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gather the Components
In total, this project will cost about $40-50, depending on where you get the parts.
Here is the materials list:
1. 12V TRANSFORMER
2. ATMEL AT89S52 microcontroller
3. JHD 162A LCD display
4. 7805 Voltage regulator
5. XTAL KDS11.0592 CRYSTAL OSCILLATOR
6. 1000uf, capacitor(3)
7. 10uf capacitor
8. 100uf capacitor
9. 0.01uf capacitors(2)
10. L293D Motor driver
11. HC-05 Bluetooth-module
12. 100RPM DC-Motors
14. smart phone with amr voice app.
...And you're ready to start!
Step 2: Connecting the Circuit
By using the above diagram we can easily connect the circuit and make sure connecting do not overlap one on another wires while soldering.
- In total it will 2-3 hours to solder and to connect the components
- while soldering the holding caps of the components do not place the components on the caps
- Total soldering work will be done on a pcb or if u r a starter u can use bread board and check whether the steps are working or not
Step 3: Connecting the Components
Connect the components to the pcb correctly as per the pins that u have soldered.
About the components:
A. HC Serial Bluetooth:
HC Serial Bluetooth product consists of Bluetooth serial interface module and Bluetooth adapter. Bluetooth serial module is used for converting serial port to Bluetooth. This module has two modes: master and slaver device.
The L293 and L293D are quadruple high-current half H-drivers. The L293 IS designed to provide bidirectional drive currents of up to 1A at voltage from 4.5V to 36V.
C. DC MOTOR
Almost every mechanical movement that we see around us is accomplished by an electric motor. Electric machines are means of converting energy. Motors take electrical energy and produce mechanical energy.
D .Step Down transformer
The transformer is the first part of the power supply, it will reduce AC to DC current and will give the circuit low voltage
Step 4: Download the APP
It is the APP which is used in our project to control or commanding the robot.
Uses android mobiles internal voice recognition to pass voice commands to your robot Pairs with Bluetooth Serial Modules and sends in the recognized voice as a string.
It will be available on the play store in the android phone as AMR_voice.
Step 5: Coding
The coding for this project is in below file u can download and directly code on the micro controller.
if u r having any problems while just put a comment below.
Step 6: Final Testing
Switch on the power supply.then
- open the app
- connect to the Bluetooth module
- internet connection should be necessary
- by giving the commands to the google voice recognition it will send the data to the micro controller and then it will send the data to the motor driver and motor driver will send the necessary actions to motors and the motors will work accordingly.
- we can give five commands left,right,front,back,stop by using these commands we will control the robot vehicle