Intro: Vegan Potato Soup
this is my first instructable in the food category, usually I am more into electronics and plants... however I do work in a restaurant AND cook at home everyday. my wife and I go out to eat maybe once a month (we have to be really desperate, it is very rare)
prep time; 5 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
yields 7 bowls (~21 ladles - 3 per bowl)
cost ~5 to 7$ depending on where you get your ingredients.
the soup has no spices, no oil, no salt etc. this is as pure as it gets !
Step 1: Ingredients + Tools
ingredients ( no salt, no spices, no oil )
4x large potatoes
1x cup rice (rice machine cup)
1x avacado (optional to make it more creamy)
knife + cutting board
rice machine (optional)
Step 2: Step by Step
1. start the rice first (it should be done just when the potatoes are done boiling..)
2. slice the potatoes, the smaller you cut the faster they will boil..
3. now that rice & potatoes are going, cut all other ingredients while waiting and get ready
4. once the potatoes are boiling and soft enough (check with a fork), blend them until creamy
5. add in ONLY the avacado & lemon juice, blend again until creamy and turn off the stove (potatoes will keep hot).
6. the rice machine should be finished now, add in the rice as well (do NOT blend anything else anymore)
7. add the carrots, tomatoes and mushrooms, stir with your favorite wooden spoon
8. serve and top with the arugula
there you go, it is very fast and extremely filling. it is also very light. believe it or not but I usually make it 2/3 times per week and eat the entire thing by myself, yes 7 bowls :)
thank you for your time
love & peace