I was restoring some exterior trim pieces on a historical victorian house in the Heritage district of Vallejo California and could not find anything close to dry rotted details I needed to replace, so I decided to make them myself however I could. Ideally I would have used a lathe for most of them, but had almost every shop tool but that, and could not afford to buy a proper turning set up yet. I had some scrap steel from a cd storing tower I had disassembled that I ground down to match the profile of the original disk, and used my drill press as a crude "vertical" make shift turning apparatus. To finish it off I screwed the disk onto my stationary sanding machine and sanded it to a smooth finish. Since the original was painted I simply puttied in the center hole and painted it.