This is a french recipe (confit de noix) to preserve walnuts with some small changes like i think it's the best. Delicious powerfood for winter breakfasts.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
you will need :
sugar for jam 2:1.
Step 2: Make the Jam
1. Peel the nuts. You can buy clean nuts at the store, these will be fine too and easier :). But i like to use fresh walnuts from my garden.
2. Put the walnuts in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to make small pieces. If you don't have a plastic bag or a rolling pin, you can cut the nuts in small pieces with a knife.
3. Put the walnuts in boiling water for a few minutes.
4. Throw the brown water away and rinse the nuts under cool water.
5. Measure the weight of the nuts. Add 1/2 of the weight of sugar and the same amount of cream. ( see my pictures : 255g nuts; 128g sugar and 255 g cream.). Stir.
6. Boil until it becomes mush.
8. Put in a jar and let cool down.
Step 3: Enjoy!
Delicious on a piece of bread.
Participated in the
Preserve It! Contest