Do you want a unique pen? A wooden pen is very simple to make. All you need is
- a branch of about 4 inch length; it is important that the wood has a large enough pith in the centre (e.g. elder wood)
- a pen mine
- a knife
- a rod of the diameter of the pen mine
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Cut the Branch in 2 Pieces
- Take an about 4 inch long branch with pith
- Cut it into an about 3.5 inch and an 0.5 inch piece
Step 2: Hollow Out the Middle of the Larger Cut Branch
- Hollow out the middle of the cut branch using a rod in the diameter of the pen mine
- Get the pith completely out of the 3.5 inch branch. You will be left with a hollow tube.
Step 3: Partly Hollow Out the Middle of the Smaller Cut Branch
- Push the rod partly into the smaller cut branch in order to make a cover for the pen mine tip
- You will be left with a partly hollow tube.
Step 4: Insert the Pen Mine in the Larger Cut Branch
- Push the pen mine gently into the larger cut branch where the pith was removed
- The pen tip sticks out
Step 5: Put the Smaller Cut Branch on the Pen Tip
- Put the smaller cut branch on the pen tip so it doesn't dry out