Introduction: Belt and Disc Sander Use
- The tables can be tilted in order to sand at an angle.
- See Shop Staff before making table adjustments, or refer to your tool's manual.
- Keep material flat on the table when working at an angle.
- If you can’t do this, use a hand-held tool to shape your work.
- Move the material back and forth on the table, to avoid wearing the paper in one spot.
When working with small parts, they may become too hot to hold.
- Use locking pliers, like VISE-GRIPS to hold the parts.
- Occasionally dip the part in water to cool it off.
- Prevent rust; dry any water left on the table.
- Never wear gloves.
Disc Sander Guards
Only sand on the portion of the disc that is moving down, towards the table.
- Never move the guards.