Introduction: Operating the DMS Router
- Remember that most of the work will happen before you get to the router.
- Be alert and minimize distractions.
- If you are unsure of any steps, start that section over.
- Ask Shop Staff for help if needed.
Using the Router
- Insert custom tools into the holders.
- Start up the router.
- Install & measure tools.
- Warmup the spindle.
- Set the Work Offset (G54).
- Load the program.
- Run the program.
- Clean up.
- Remove tool holders from the machine.
- Put away library tools.
- Remove and put away custom tools.
- Use brooms, dustpans, and a shop vac to clean the inside of the enclosure.
- Close the door.
- Turn off the router & get your thumb drive.
- Clean tables and the floor.
- Put away all tools.
Print Out This Guide.
This course is available as a PDF that is attached to this step.