Introduction: Operating the Epilog Laser Cutter
Use this lesson as a reference for order of operations when cutting on the Epilog Laser Cutter.
Area and Machine Preparation
- Lookup your settings.
- Turn on the ventilation.
- Check under the honeycomb for debris.
- Vacuum if needed.
- Focus the laser.
- Adjust the settings in the Printing Preferences dialog.
- Load your material.
- Send the job to the laser.
Making the Cut
- Make an air pass before cutting.
- Lift the lid to keep the cutting laser from turning on.
- Press the GO button.
- When the job is complete, you can run it
again by pressing GO.
- Close the lid if the air pass was successful.
- Lower the table.
- Remove the honeycomb.
- Vacuum the lower tray.
- Replace the honeycomb.
- Flip down the rulers.
- Turn off the ventilation if needed.
- Put usable material in the scrap bin.
- Put trash and recyclables in the correct bins.
- Clean up near the computer and the laser.
- Remove your USB drive from the computer.
Print Out This Guide
This course is available as a PDF that is attached to this step. Happy cutting!