Introduction: Operating the Fortus
Use this lesson as a reference for order of operations when printing on the Fortus 450.
Area and Machine Preparation
- Open the STL in Insight.
- Configure the Modeler.
- Select the in ll and support style.
- Orient the model.
- Slice the model.
- Create supports.
- Create toolpaths.
- Inspect the layers.
Printing the Model
- Send the model to Control Center.
- Send the model to the printer.
- Return when the part is complete.
- Use the chemical bath and mechanical tools to remove support material.
- Rinse and dry the part.
- Empty the trash before and after using the printer.
- Place a build sheet into the oven.
- This extends the life of the vacuum pump components.
- Wipe down the counter at the part cleaning station.
Print Out This Guide
This course is available as a PDF that is attached to this step. Happy printing!