Introduction: Operating the Matsuura
Use this lesson as a reference for order of operations when machining with the Matsuura.
- Cut and measure stock first.
- Ensure stock, part, and workholding are accurate in your CAM software.
- Check that Work Home is on the top center of the receiver plate.
- Make sure there are no errors in CAMplete.
- Ask shop staff for help if needed.
Using the Mill
- Verify file.
- Start up the mill.
- Install work in vise.
- Check Work Coordinate System.
- Set the Tool Length Offsets.
- Load the program.
- Run the program.
- Run the Goodnight Program.
- Clear chips from inside machine.
- Clear chips from bins behind machine.
- Close the doors.
- Turn off the mill.
- Clean tables and the floor.
- Put away all tools.
Print Out This Guide
This course is available as a PDF that is attached to this step. Happy cutting!