Introduction: Using the Vise
Always use the vise; never hand hold material in the cold saw.
- Clamp the workpiece into the vise jaws.
- Brush out the vise before use, so your material lies flat. Rotate the handle clockwise to tighten.
- Pull down the blade, with the power off, to make sure there is no contact between the blade and vise jaws.
- The vise jaws should be about 1/4" to 1/2" away from the blade.
If needed, the jaws can be adjusted for width.
- Use the vise jaw wrench (attached to the frame of the saw) to loosen the jaws.
- Adjust the jaw width.
- Check for blade clearance.
- Tighten the jaws.