Tell us about yourself!
The moment I saw this project I wanted to make this. Great idea!Finaly I finished it, with some minor changes. I used a miniature potmeter, that made it possible to get it next to the display. I happend to have a Volt and mA display so I used that. I left out the switches, but mabe I give up the LED and put the output switch in. I added a small capacitor at the output and one parallel to the potentiometer. According to the datasheet this improves ripple rejection and voltage stability.I took Juniortrd's advice and mounted the LM317 to the box. I used (heat conducting) insulation, since the LM317 tab is connected to the output. Thanks again for the great idea!