Tell us about yourself!

Complete Your Profile
  • Isolation transformer upgrade for old guitar amps

    Hey this is a great article and I will need to do this on one of my amp. It is a Canadian made amp labelled Regal. It's probably from the mid 1960s. I do have one question, it uses a 12ax7, 50L6 and 35Z5 rectifier. I looked at the data sheet for all parts and they can all accept plate voltage of 200V. Is it really necessary to drop the voltage (from your measured 168V) in that case? Thanks for this very informational and documented piece.

    View Instructable »