author
3Instructables35,561Views8CommentsJoined June 2nd, 2014

Tell us about yourself!

Complete Your Profile

Achievements

10K+ Views Earned a bronze medal
  • Ken_Tentacles's instructable Custom Bass Guitar With Recycled Neck's weekly stats: 4 months ago
    • Custom Bass Guitar With Recycled Neck
      2,767 views
      35 favorites
      4 comments
  • Custom Bass Guitar With Recycled Neck

    Thanks for the comment, I would say of all those things proper tools is a must. You don't need a shop full of stuff, but the correct tools for the job. And beer. Obviously you need beer.

    Thanks very much! I learned a lot this time, and before the next build I'm going to spend time making templates for everything.

    View Instructable »
  • Ken_Tentacles commented on Ken_Tentacles's instructable Electric Baritone Ukulele4 months ago
    Electric Baritone Ukulele

    Hi there,it was a few years ago now so I can't really remember. The wood was probably about £10 each as they were both offcuts and quite small. The pickup was around £5 -6, the pots probably a couple of quid each and the orange drop maybe £2. The aluminium for the bridge was £5 for a half metre length (I'm still using the remains of it today for fret levelling) so for the amount used in the build, maybe 50p or less. The fret wire would have been a couple of quid. I think the bridge saddles, neck screws and machine heads probably came to about £15 and the Danish oil was £10, but that is also still going. The sheet steel for the scratchplate would have been about £10, but on reflection I wouldnt do that again but go for thin wood instead as it's much easier to work and is cheaper.I ...

    see more »

    Hi there,it was a few years ago now so I can't really remember. The wood was probably about £10 each as they were both offcuts and quite small. The pickup was around £5 -6, the pots probably a couple of quid each and the orange drop maybe £2. The aluminium for the bridge was £5 for a half metre length (I'm still using the remains of it today for fret levelling) so for the amount used in the build, maybe 50p or less. The fret wire would have been a couple of quid. I think the bridge saddles, neck screws and machine heads probably came to about £15 and the Danish oil was £10, but that is also still going. The sheet steel for the scratchplate would have been about £10, but on reflection I wouldnt do that again but go for thin wood instead as it's much easier to work and is cheaper.I tried to do it as cheaply as possible, but I spent a fair amount on tools. If you already have access to the right gear then that's not a problem.I hope you enjoy the build, and good luck with it. My uke is still going and still gets played occasionally although the scratchplate is starting to rust. thanks for looking!

    View Instructable »
  • Ken_Tentacles's instructable Guitar Fuzz Pedal's weekly stats: 10 months ago
    • Guitar Fuzz Pedal
      430 views
      4 favorites
      0 comments