Inbox View Profile

Tell us about yourself!

  • Since I wanted a solution that lasts longer than a bit of pencil dust, I went with adhesive aluminum tape I had lying around:1. The adhesive of the tape was way too weak to make the tiny aluminum circles stick to the white buttons of the directional pad of the remote. Therefore I glued the aluminum using crazy glue.2. 2 of 3 buttons work again using this method. Unfortunately, they now require a lot of force to recognize the button press. I also applied the aluminum to a button that had been working all the time. This button does not require more force to actuate like the other buttons do. BTW: I confirmed that the back of the aluminum tape (with the stock adhesive) is NOT conductive.

    View Instructable »