This is the correct behavior of the ST-Link, it does not show up as a serial com port. Install the drivers, then in the Arduino IDE set the upload methold under tools to ST-Link.
If you're getting an error in the Arduino IDE that says "exec: "/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++": file does not exist" then you need to install the Arduino SAM boards (Cortex-M3) from the list of available boards in Tools \ Boardmanager. This will install the arm-none-eabi-g++ toolchain required for STM32 in Arduino.
This was a great kit, seems to work well so far. The ECG works much better when connected via option 2 (across the chest), much cleaner signal for sure.The signal I receive from the pulse sensor module is all over the place, finger position seems to have a big impact on the output, interesting to experiment with though.The
Internet of Things Class
Lot's of neat bits in this box! I enjoyed the soldering kits and the ATtiny stuff is fun to tinker with. It took me a bit to figure out how to program the CJMCU on Windows 10. For anyone wondering it is normal behavior for Digispark devices to connect via USB then disconnect about 5 seconds later. This makes the driver installation a bit tricky. Make sure you run DPinst64.exe to install the drivers. If you load the 32 bit drivers by mistake you'll have to completely remove them. See reply #8 at the link below.https://digistump.com/board/index.php?topic=2479.0
Great box! I Just finished taking my tracker for a drive in my car and it worked great. I had no idea it could be so easy to connect flash storage to an Arduino.For indoor testing I connected an active external GPS antenna directly to the module using an SMA to IPX adapter. With the antenna placed near a window it was able to lock on pretty fast.I'm going to attempt to make a GPS clock that utilizes the 1PPS output on this module next.
The LED on the GPS unit is solid red until it locks on to a signal. Once the unit has a fix it will be flashing red. If you are using the unit indoors it may have trouble getting a good signal. Check the serial monitor to see if you are getting any output from the module and try moving it near a window or outdoors. Connecting an external antenna helps quite a bit too.
Thanks, had the exact same issue and this did the trick!
I had a lot of fun putting the component tester together. I managed to solder the surface mount components with a pair of tweezers and some flux.My tester seems to always want to run the calibration process when I power it on. I haven't figured out how to stop that from happening yet. I also have a hard time getting to the menu. Interesting device though!
This confused me as well, apparently 22pf capacitors can be marked either 22, or 220.http://www.elecraft.com/Apps/caps.htm