Author Options:

A guitar question: The Turny thing on my guitars tuner fell off. Answered

The actual tuner is still there, but i cant use it to tune only to hold the string.  Im wondering if theres a way i could get the part back on or build another part. Ive thought about sodering but i didnt think that would be enough to hold it. I found the thing that you turn ,but, sadly lost it again cleaning up for a party. I really like this guitar but do not want to spend the $$$ to buy new tuners. If it makes a difference its a carvar les paul style guitar.



Best Answer 8 years ago

Is it the knob that broke off the machine head-shaft? I've seen these replaced with tough epoxy compound. They don't look the same but they work.


The thing you phsyically turn is broken off. How sturdy do u think that would be? 

If the metal parts still work and it's just the bit that you twist with your fingers - I have seen it done and last. I forget what it was exactly, but it was something very similar to "Plastic Padding Chemical Metal" which I think is like "JB Weld"?
You squish a blob onto the metal shaft, let it set, then you add some more, but form it into a key-shape with a bit of tape. When it's dry sandpaper it down to a better shape. If it doesn't break after a month you could then spend some more time sanding and painting it.


problem with that: new holes would have to be drilled.

Check stewmac.com.  They might have tuner parts.