Call for videos! Answered
aka How to receive feedback, get featured, and be awarded internet fame + more!
I know it's been a minute since I've put a post like this in the forums, so allow me to (re?)introduce myself.
I'm audreyObscura. I love making stuff, playing with cameras, petting dogs, and eating pizza. I've worked here at Instructables since 2012 doing a little bit of everything, and I solemnly swear that the best thing about working here is getting to learn something new every day from amazing community members like YOU!
These days, a good chunk of my time is spent queuing our posts on social media platforms and boosting Instructables authors that use Twitter and Facebook to share their projects. (And finding the perfect gif to reply to Twitter threads, I'm very good at it - try me.)
I'd love to start featuring more videos and gifs on our channels, but need a little help from the community. We are looking for media to help give YOUR INSTRUCTABLES a boost on our social media feed!
What we'd like to receive:
- Great, high quality, short-form videos (under 1 minute)
- GIFs! Under 3MB preferred (bonus points for perfect loops)
What we don't want to receive:
- YouTube URLs
- Projects hosted outside of Instructables.com
What you'll get out of it:
- Momentary internet fame and all the warm and fuzzies that come along with community recognition!
- An Instructables Author Thank You pack in the mail which includes our super sweet Robot Stickers, an idea notebook, pencils, and a super fun enamel pin!
- Feedback! We want to work with you and coach you through making great feature-worthy content. If you share something that isn't quite up to our snuff to post to our channels, have no fear, we'll still send you a little gift AND let you know HOW you can improve your content!
If you go above and beyond, maybe we'll send you something extra too, so impress us! Send your vids to this email address!
Have you already posted an Instructable with a great demo video or explainer gif? Drop us a link in the comment section below and we'll review your project to see if it's a good fit for our social media feed!
Lastly, I wanted to leave this post with some inspiration and some skill building tips to get started. Hope these help:
Please comment below with any questions you may have, and I can't wait to see what you share.