Cricket Cage Setup Answered
Hello, i have a creative project that i need some advice on. The idea is based off the old chinese cricket cages.
From purely the electronics design perspective i would like the following features.
1. A very small solar panel (think the garden light instructables projects)
2. Rechargeable battery pack (size dependent on power needs)
3. A speaker capable of reproducing the sound of a cricket. No volume control needed, just a realistic replication
4. Something to play the sound (this is where i am lost)
5. A single green led bulb
6. a light sensor that would flip the system to on when it is dark. (I would like it to be able to operate light and sound for maybe 3 hours on a full charge)
The hope is that all of this could be fit into a 8"x3"x7" space, with the solar panel mounted externally. The installation i can handle, but some of the electronics are beyond my skill level. The best i have managed is the moon jars made from a mason jar and a garden light. This project is basically like that, only with sounds, and placed in a custom enclosure.
I suspect that sound is much harder than solar LED lights, and that is what i would most like some input on. If i can get the things made i will gladly share any info, though im not sure i have the skills and equipment to actually write a instructable.