Author Options:

Digital pictures merged to holographic - like image? Answered

A souvenir vendor took two digital pictures of me and my husband, merged them on a computer, printed the interleaved (?) image, then adhered a piece of acrylic with vertical lines (scratches?) to it.  The result is like a hologram in that you see the two different images as you tilt the (acrylic overlaid) photo. How can I make those?


It  is called a "lenticular" image. If you do a google search using that term, there are a bunch of hits showing techniques for making your own, and places to buy the lenses.

Fantastic!  Thank you:-- It's so much easier when you know what to call it!  Much obliged :)