Help with capacitors Answered
Hello everyone. I've seen this instrucable (https://www.instructables.com/id/ETJBV68MFMEV2ZAU7T/?ALLSTEPS) that uses a charged capacitor to light up a LED.
I found this very interesting, so I started investigating what a capacitor is.
So far so good and my questions are:
- Can capacitors be used as replacements for batteries? I'm thinking specifically to light 1, 2 or 3 LEDs.
- If so, how can I calculate the specs of a capacitors for a determined amount of LEDs.
- Is it possible to calculate how much time the capacitors will keep the LEDs lit?
- How can I determine if the capacitors have enough charge to light the LEDs?
- Would you be kind enough to suggest a circuit to achieve any of these?