Author Options:

I have a Sargent 5131 mortis lock and the flat spring has broken. Is there somewhere i can get one? Answered

The lock has a flat spring, not like the round type springs, and this flat spring keeps tension on the latch to keep it out.  The spring broke and is there a place where I could get another.  Thanks



6 years ago

I took a look in my 10 year old "Sweet's Catalog" and was unable to find that particular lock model, which tells me it has probably been out of production for a very long time.
If you want it repaired right, take it to a good locksmith who either can get replacement parts or reproduce the broken leaf spring himself.

Make one. Use the spring steel from an old sawblade (maybe even a hacksaw blade).