I have about 20 large touchscreens from HP A826 printers. Wondering what I should build .... Sensible or Crazy; I'm open Answered
I've got about 20-25 of these things. The printers are shot, but I thought I can't let that many Touch Screens go to waste. I haven't broken any of them down yet, so I'm not sure what's inside, but ...
• They thave 5 cardslots, and take USB sticks.
• They must have some sort of (limited) memory capability on board (help animations, and previous settings etc.)
• They play slideshows.
• The Touch screen seems to go beyond the 'display screen. The are 3 'hot keys" on either end.
• I could just strip them down so I have 20 digital frames around the house playing holiday snaps (if the printer will allow that if it recognizes the ink cartridge is missing). But a bit boring.
• I thought about making myself a two sided ebook reader (I 'd have to figure how that would work though)
• I thought that hooking up 20 of them (5 rows of 4) into a crazy foldup / foldout monitor would be a great idea, but probably unworkable.
• Or I could make some other useless crazy art piece.
Any other ideas, tips, links to similar things? If I end up making something I'll be sure to post it.