Need advice and help for capacitor circuit design Answered
Hi all Instructables friends,
I have been viewing instructables for quite some time and I like it very much, thanks to all the contributor here, I really learn a lot.
This is my first post here, and I only have basic electronic ideas, never soldier or build any circuit,
so please be patient if I made any stupid things :)
I have an idea in mind, not sure whether it is possible to implement or not, so I need electronic experts here to give their advice.
I have a very small palm size solar panel. need to build a circuit that can do the following :
1) The solar panel need to charge a small capacitor with a small capacitance, let say capacitor A
2) Then when this capacitor A is fully charge, it will charge capacitor B, which has higher capacitance.
3) The process of charging the capacitors with incrementally larger capacitance capacitor can continue to go on and on until some
level that I can make meaningful usage out of it, for example, run a corei5 laptop. (most likely I will use super capacitor at the last)
1) Is the above idea possible/feasible ?
2) If it is possible, will the capacitor lost energy very fast after some time?
3) I know people may suggest me to use battery, but I prefer capacitor or battery because battery life is very short compared to battery and it's not eco friendly either.
4) Any other concerns/warnings/advices are greatly welcome.