Author Options:

Portable mister Answered

Saw this on Lifehacker today.  I would to see someone come up with a way to convert this to a PORTABLE system!  http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11293723&search=misting%20fan&topnav=&Mo=0&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search%C3%A2%C2%8C%C2%A9=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode%20matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=misting%20fan&Ntt=misting%20fan&No=0&Nty=1&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial


The system above just runs under the water pressure from a hose so it seems like your standard mister nozzles hooked up to the plumbing. If you have a portable air compressor or air tank, you could adapt the same idea of an air brush spraying out water instead of paint. Run time would be dependent on the air supply or liquid reservoir. They do sell portable spray bottles with electric fans on it to take to the beach. Maybe you could adapt a garden pesticide sprayer with a fan. good luck.

Maybe something that will hold the water and pump it here http://california-scootersandtrikes.stores.yahoo.net/index.html