Author Options:

TAR v1 Answered

This is my TAR v1, or, Trauts Assault Rifle v1. If I do continue making knex stuff, i'll hopefully continue this series of assault rifles. This was made last night mostly for the tvikt tournament. I took TheDunkis shell ejection system, slightly modded it, and basically added a good strong structure and nice trigger.


thats awesome lokks just like the real gun

are you backk? or did you not leave?

He lives! Bet I can top it =P. Nah. This is pretty cool though. It reminds me how much I miss building random things on ibles. KI has such awesome weapons but we're stuck in function and innovation. Either it has to win a war or win a competition otherwise it sucks. That's the reason why I didn't post my oodassault v3 there.

Top it! Please!
I love how you have to compete with everyone. Ends up with some great guns! Seriously, top it!

Lol it's not that I want to be competative with people. I just see a good idea that I think I could improve. Now exactly how do you want me to top this? Just making a shell utilizing weapon? Any other features? I'm trying to think up something to build so I'll take almost any suggestions.

Removeable mags that aren't a pain to use.
Compact looks.
Quality truegger. LOLyourphrase
No mag pusher sticking out.
95%+ reliability.
At least 35 ft. range.

Ya up to it?!?

Mepain's zaktangle on youtube already has all those qualities. Maybe even better.

No it does not, neither mepain's or Zak's has good reliability.

~~Yeah because you'd know...~~
Yes they do. If it doesn't, you built it wrong. Seriously. One of the most reliable repeaters out there.

The gun in question is not even posted its one of Zak's projects with mepain.
 Since you're talking about his zakgun-v2 i have built it and it is a very reliable knex gun.

I meant in a shell-ejecting gun. But yes, that is pretty awesome.

Sure. Easy I guess. All I really have to do is redo my experimental assault weapon and improve it. I think it fufilled all the requirements except for how easy the magazines were to use. They weren't bad but they connected in funny. Also the shells had to be manually ejected but technically they always worked and nothing went wrong with ejecting them manually. I'll still get them to auto eject next time.

You could try making my shell ejecting knex pistol work. The problem with it was that the ammo tended to slide down so much (due to so little friction) that part of the shell stuck out and the firing pin couldn't hit the ammo.

It looks functional but not very sturdy.Hmm it looks very similar to my gun.


It has a similar design but it is smaller thinner.I dident say anything about the mechanism.


8 years ago

Sooooooo.... It's been a lot more than a week. Think you'll be posting more pics ever?

I could make it from that only pic, all you have to do is zoom in.

Hint... Remove the fake barrel.  It looks awful on this gun.

Yeah, I never build fake barrels. Not even on your AR4-v3. I HATE fake barrels.

The fake barrel actually gives my gun several things besides good looks.

- A place to hook up the ironsights
- Sturdier frames
- Foregrip
- More places to put rubberbands (stretchy rubberbands FTW)

1. I don't like knex sights
2. I didn't take away the whole thing, but I cut it down to the bare minimum
3. "                                                                                                                              "
4. "                                                                                                                              "
But yeah, I see your point.

wtf went in #'s 3 and 4?

Same as above... Same as in #1. That's what that means.

OHH, just write it down.  It only takes a few seconds.  I just like the look of the fake barrel on my gun.

Okedokey. Everybody's entitled to their opinion.<br /> <br /> But my opinion's right. =p<br /> /sarcasm<br />

.....So.......Yes? No?

So i built it and modded it a little it kinda cool i wouldnt use it in a war because of the long reload time and if you take off the fake barrel  it looks cooler.

I think im going to make this tomorrow and tell you how it is.

i thought u were abbandoning ur account plz post

He is active, just doesn't post much.

whts with the grey spacers?

have you given up knex? i pretty much have i have an ak i built sitting in my closet. its been there for like 2 years.

i think i can manage to make this, looks great!

I see a TR handle, trig, and stock (ish).

He sees a TR (Killerk's gun)

Lol all I did was make the shaft of the stock as I wanted and I found out it was the exact same as the br one just now. Kinda sucks

The trigger appears to be almost identical, too! On purpose?

It does have differences...

Well, it looks really close. But yes, slightly different.

Killerk's TR is 95% generic. The only thing that makes it different is the revolving mechanism (the remaining 5%). Nevertheless, It is powerful, has good performance, so I love it.